(Sponsored by: NATO)
The Bulgarian Euro-Atlantic Youth Club together with the Atlantic Club of Bulgaria, the Atlantic Club of Bulgaria – Burgas and Ministry of Defense and with the special support of NATO and the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy, organized a two-day international conference, entitled “NATO’s Role in the Black Sea Region in the Context of the New Security Challenges and NATO Summit in Chicago”.
The aim of the project was:
- To raise public awareness of Black Sea’s countries cooperation in the context of NATO
- To look in depth into the Black Sea cooperation as an instrument of NATO’s ‘Smart defense’
- To discuss the bilateral relations as a base of NATO’s future
- To encourage dialogue in the area of Security in the region of Black Sea
- To discuss the future of NATO’s role in Black Sea region in the context of Chicago Summit
- To enforce legal framework and policy among the counties in the region.