(Sponsored by: NATO)
The Atlantic club of Bulgaria organized a three-day international conference on the topic: “NATO Strategy for Security in the Black Sea Region” in order to highlight the importance of the issue by bringing together members of the government, NGO sector, international experts, academic representatives and media.
The main goals of the project were:
- To raise public awareness about Black Sea countries’ areas of cooperation in the context of NATO
- To encourage dialogue in the security sector in the Black Sea region
- To provide platform for further discussion between NATO members Bulgaria, Romania or Turkey and NATO partners Ukraine, Georgia or Russia
Achieved results of the project:
- Providing a platform for discussion where the Black Sea countries could present their point of view
- Providing expert analysis how NATO could prevent conflicts and thus help the cause of stability in the Black sea region
- Discussing possible solutions how to decrease the tension within Black Sea region
The event took place in Varna, Bulgaria on 19-21 September 2017.