(Sponsored by: The Scientific Fund at the Ministry of Education, Youth and Science in Bulgaria)
On 24 February 2012 the Atlantic Club of Bulgaria organized in the office of the Representation of the European Commission to Bulgaria the official presentation of the book “Contemporary Issues for National and International Space Law” by Prof. Alexander Yankov, Dr. Solomon Passy, Mr. Stanimir Ilchev, Mr. Krassimir Bojanov and Ms. Rada Popova.
The book is part of the ambitious project, which started in 2010 and was entitled “Bulgaria and Space Law: A Look into the Future”.
The project seeks:
- to design a new educational curriculum, including the preparation of relevant literature, in space law for Bulgaria’s law faculties.
- to showcase successful research by Bulgarian students in the various aspects of space science.
- to examine other countries’ national legislation dealing with space law, while involving both national and foreign experts in a broad discussion on the subject.
- to provide capacity building for law students and professionals in teaching space law in Bulgarian universities.
- to surveying experts’ opinions about the necessity of a national legal framework on space exploration. A related goal is to prepare this framework alongside the normative principles of UN conventions and resolutions as well as the existing EU legislation.